Neuroimaging in Frontotemporal Dementia (NIFD)
- Study director: Howard Rosen, MD
- Sponsor: National Institutes of Health (NIH) and National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
- Recruiting?: This study is closed but the data is available at the Laboratory for NeuroImaging (LONI)
- Official study title: Neuroimaging in Frontotemporal Dementia (NIFD)
- Conditions studied: Behavioral variant frontotemporal dementia (bvFTD), semantic dementia (SD), progressive nonfluent aphasia (PNFA) and healthy aging
- Purpose: The goal of this study is to identify the best imaging modalities and the best methods of analysis for tracking frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD) over time. The results from this study will be used in the future to calculate power for clinical drug trials that will use neuroimaging data as an outcome measure. The study will also provide additional information about the relative value of different imaging techniques for diagnosis, and the value of imaging versus other blood, urine, and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) biomarkers.